Good news, the writer looks and feels wonderful when assembled. Bad news, I've encountered a series of problems with this PCB.
Right off the bat, it seemed like there was no bootloader that should have been already programmed to the microcontroller. Then when I went to try putting on the bootloader myself, the whole device was never detected at all.
Turns out there was a missing fuse intended to protect the board from a bad USB port or any similar shorts. It was listed in the PCB files that were sent but not placed on the board. Not a huge deal because it was just the small test batch and one component isn't so bad to install myself just while testing to see if it all works. However, even bypassing the fuse by wiring the pads directly to each other did not make it work. I really hope this won't be too hard to iron out.
The case and components all fit together wonderfully, though. Here are some pictures of the underside of the PCB and the general size and shape.
Unlike this photo, the actual keyboard will have all plastic keys rather than the spare aluminium ones I used here. Also, the case will be metal rather than the plastic shown here.